Parent Student Agreement
At Mindstream School, parental involvement and choice is a vital component of educational success. As such, the administration of Mindstream School asks both parents and students to read the Parental Agreement, Student Agreement, and Nondiscriminatory Policy below.
As the parent/guardian of a student enrolled with Mindstream School I understand and agree to the following:
- I acknowledge that the curriculum is written from a Bible-centered, Christian worldview in accordance with the Mindstream School’s statement of faith.
- I will review the online handbook and academic program guidelines and will abide by all the policies and procedures therein.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to meet all local and state educational laws and requirements that are applicable. I acknowledge that it is my responsibility to select courses needed to meet any applicable graduation requirements in my state.
- I understand that it is my responsibility to provide on-site supervision for my student. I also acknowledge that it is my responsibility to encourage and motivate my student to follow and complete each assigned course of study within the designated enrollment period and on a schedule that facilitates teachers' feedback.
- I understand that the my student’s work must be his/hers solely. I also understand tests and quizzes must be completed by the student in one sitting, independent of any other resources (e.g., answer keys, lesson text, coaching, etc.)
- I understand that the academic year consists of 180 school days (approximately nine calendar months), but if necessary, a maximum of twelve months are allowed to complete one school year's coursework.
- I understand that the registration fee is non-refundable once it has been processed and that this is regardless of placement test results.
- I understand that Mindstream School reserves the right to cancel enrollment at any time due to tuition non-payment, unsatisfactory progress, program abuse, or failure to follow procedures.
- I have read and understand the cancellation and refund policy and that if I choose to cancel or withdraw my student, I will notify the MIndstream School in writing or by email.
- I understand that Mindstream School does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, color, or national origin.
- I am aware that Mindstream School may change policies and procedures as needed and that these changes will be announced on the Mindstream e-newsletter called "Mindstream Learning Today" and/or the Mindstream Reference Center.
- I agree to update Mindstream School with my current contact information, including email, postal, shipping addresses, and telephone and recognize that electronic mail and the Mindstream School website are the preferred means of communication between the School and me.
- By enrolling my student in Mindstream Learning Resources Online, I grant Mindstream School the permission to send me the School e-newsletter, Mindstream Learning Today, and I agree to remain subscribed to Mindstream Learning Today and responsible for reading the information in the Mindstream Learning Today as long as one or more of my children are enrolled in Mindstream School.
Knowing that God sees and hears everything I do, I pledge the following:
- I will do my best to complete my schoolwork on my own, but if I need help, I will let my parent(s) or teacher know.
- I will be respectful of my parents and the School’s teachers.
- I will do my best to follow the rules and complete my work on schedule.
- I will not cheat. The answers to questions on my quizzes and tests will be from my memory without help from any other person or source not named in the directions.
- I will not give out answers to any other student.
- For my writing projects, I will follow the School’s guidelines for showing where I found the exact words or specific information.
- In the event that synchronization is necessary, I will synchronize before and after completing my daily school work, whenever possible.
Mindstream School admits students of any race, ethnic origin, gender, or nationality. The School does not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, ethnic origin, gender, creed, nationality, age, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law.